Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Useful information on dongles...

Tiscali have a chart on their site showing what you can do with 2GB per month. Form the list below, does that mean you can do all those things.... or anyone of them... but not all?

Surfing the Internet - 8 hours a day
Sending photos by email - 30 photos a week
Receiving photos by email - 30 photos a week
Downloading music tracks - 20 tracks a week
Downloading video clips - 10 2-minute clips a week
Sending emails without attachments - 200 emails a week
Receiving emails without attachments - 200 emails a week






Originally Posted by AWaite
That is horribly restrictive. I think it would be very difficult to stay under 2GB/month.

I can't believe they're claiming this would cover 8 hours/day surfing. I'm sure it won't be long until the ASA tells them off.
I think Wanadoo states the same as Tiscali.

I am not a big downloader though. A lot of Broadband users will be big online gamers... and also downloading the things you can not discuss on here. Hence why 2GB would not be enough by a long shot for them.

So I shall monitor my usage now with NetMeter and see if I am under the 2GB limit. I have a friend who is with Tiscali and on a 2GB limit and he has never come anywhere near it. Also my Sister and her family are on Wanadoo... which has a 2GB limit... and they have never gone over the 2GB limit.

So I guess unless you're a big gamer or like I say... downloading things you should not... then 2GB is quite a lot.





When considering broadband packages I used an online monitor and found that even though i was playing an online multiplayer rpg and surfing the web alot I was still under the 2 GB limit in a month.
Just use one of the monitors to check your useage as theres a tendency among some users to assume that listening to online radio stations and downloading the latest stargate series are normal monthly activities.



http://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/ask-our-expert-mac-broadband-without-a-phone-line.html

No comments:

Post a Comment