Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Rottadors

Some say Rottador some say Rottidor… either way it’s a Labrador and Rottweiler cross and will be a large dog.This dog will have high protective qualities, be quite territorial, have plenty of stamina and be loving. It will probably be a fiercely loyal friend who can be easily trained. Daily exercise is a must for this breed!


http://getsetpet.co.uk/blog/2009/06/12/cross-breed-profile-rottidororottador/

A Labrottie (also known as a Rottador or a Rottwador) is a particular mixed breed of dog. This breed is recognized by the American Canine Hybrid Club (ACHC) . They are a cross between a rottweiler and a Labrador Retriever . Dogs in this breed are very well built like a rottweiler but they also have a very large nose and sensitive ears like a labrador. They have the natural hunting instinct of a labrador and the natural protecting instinct of the rottweiler. These dogs should have a large head similar to that of a rottweiler.


http://anydogbreed.com/breeds/labrottie-rottador


Butters The dog that started my obsession.



Butters belongs to Brian who I met for an interview to work on a ranch, which in hindsight I wish I had taken, c'est la vie.
Anyway, I fell in love with this dog, it is a shame there are no close ups available of him as he has the most beautiful face. He was my first encounter with a Rottador.

Some more Rottadors:







I miss my Harry.






No comments:

Post a Comment